Monday, February 01, 2010

What kind of weird stuff do you carry in your bag?

MUSIC: THE SMITHS
MOOD: SLIGHTLY BORED

Okay so I do have one more thing to mention today.

I got this assignment called "What's in your bag?" and I basically have to fill 16 pages about things people carry in their bags.

I've chosen to work with awkward, weird things people drag along with them, and the stories behind those items.

For example, I used to carry around a map of Reus, a city in Spain, because I once had a summer love that lived there - We met at this camping, and when I went back home we exchanged emails and decided to meet again the year after. He didn't show up even though he promised he would and I was completely bummed. A few days later I was at this tourist center and I saw a map of Reus, and I took it with me (it was a handout, I didn't steal anything haha). I don't know why, I just did.

I already posted this on the Elle Girl forum (where pretty much 75% of my visitors come from, HAI!) as well as the lookbook forum, so if this sounds familiar, yes that is very possible.

Anyway, don't be afraid to elaborate, I have to fill 16 pages and I've got some really funny, interesting and moving stories so far, so that has really upped the standards.
Please do share, and who knows your story will end up in the book we'll be making at the end of the year! (Mentioning your first name and location is optional.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 9, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Love your blog and this is my first comment.

I used to carry a bell around in my handbag, it was my lucky bell that I found at my first job. It would jingle a bit like those Christmas bells, funny I found it around Christmas time as well.

Not much of a story but I thought I'd try to help you with your assignment.
I'm also studying graphic design, I wish they would give us such interesting assignments like this.

 
At February 9, 2010 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Yaiza NG said...

It's the first time i see your blog!
And i love it!!
I'm reading now on LookBook that you're from Antwerp! Awesome! I'm from Leuven (Brussels).
What i always carry around is some little paper with a simply heart on it,got it from my best friend,and i'm always thinking it brings luck :)

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts