Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30: Any moment this could catch fire

MUSIC: EMAROSA
MOOD: NEUTRAL

The sinusitis is back, I can't blame it because I haven't exactly been taking care of myself (read: sleeping in tents when it's only 5°C outside) but still it's quite a bummer because I gotta hit the books for exams which start June 7. Oh shit. I still have two books to finish for literature, and a lot of revising to do. Eep!

Other than that, I might have found the perfect way out of this hell hole of a country. Ever since I was a kid I felt this really strong urge to pack my things and leave somewhere warm. Even my mom says it would be better for me to move (and it's not like she doesn't like me or anything haha).

Anyway, hanging with exotic friends made me realise something. Why don't I just leave now? I'm still young, I'll learn a new language quickly, I'll adjust. Thing is, you don't just get a job thrown into your lap when all you can say is "hi my name is Vicky".
So I thought, "Holy shit I could work as an au pair!"

And that's what I'm going to try. Portugal, Spain, I don't care much. As long as it's warm and the people are friendly.

Picture time now. I bought some random, very generic slippers because I had absolutely no shoes to wear under all my dresses. They were only €13, and they're the only open shoes I tried out yesterday that didn't seem to be built for people with fingers as toes. Okay so I have short toes, but I honestly felt like a mutant when I saw all that left over space in the toe area.


I also got this pretty little bracelet from H&M for €2,90. It also comes in gold, for those who are interested. But beware, it's huuuge: I can put it on without undoing the clasp (which means I'd probably lose it within two days, so I'm going to make it shorter).


And that's about it for today. I guess I'll either read some more, or start revising. Oh jolly good times!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 30, 2010 at 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you buy the shoes? They're amazing!

 
At May 30, 2010 at 9:45 PM , Anonymous ForeverPetite said...

Hee die schoenen heb ik ook :D En leuke schattige ketting!

 
At June 5, 2010 at 12:29 PM , Blogger KANI said...

i love your necklace! it's so cute :)!

ps thanks for letting me know about that pic link! i had no idea about it..

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts