Monday, September 20, 2010

Sept. 20: On to the answers...


MUSIC: HEAD AUTOMATICA 
MOOD:  BORED
Hey everyone, and welcome new followers!

First off some name dropping: Thank you ClotildeGwyneth and Linnéa for featuring me or one of my photos on their blogs! Check them out! n__n

It's been another wacky few days! I'm not getting too much into it because it involves the same things as ever: Screaming, phone, "boyfriend". I don't even try talking about it with anyone anymore because the closest thing to a reply I expect is a bitch slap.
I wouldn't blame them, really. This shit's fucked up.

Anyway, straight on to the point of this post: The answers to your questions!


Dial V for Vintage asked:
- "What's your favourite beverage?"
I love McDonalds' diet coke with lots of ice. I don't know how they do it but somehow the coke I get there is so much better than when I pour myself a glass at home.
In the category alcoholic beverages, I go for sangria. No headaches, no upset stomach, just good stuff at a really cheap price.

- "What are your favourite make up products?"
I never leave the house without mascara. But unless it's just a quick trip to the supermarket or the doctor or whatever, I use liquid eyeliner for a cat eye sort of look! I don't know how I lived without it for so long, as a pencil really never did the job, and if you're having difficulties putting it on neatly, try applying eye pencil before using the liquid eyeliner!
A good red lipstick goes a long way, too. (Or a bad one, I'm always reapplying!)

Gosh eyeliner - Yves Rocher mascara - Catrice lipstick 100 Lasting Passion - Essence liquid eyeliner

- "If you had to wear one outfit for a year straight, what would that be?"
Being the practical mind that I am, I would go for something with a lot of layers so it could be wearable in all seasons. Yeah, a tights + overknee socks + dress + brogues combo, probably. But which dress? I have no idea. Maybe my polka dotted one. Or my grey pleated one. Hmmm...


Meg asked:
- "I'm in love with your hair! How do you style it? *__*"
Thank you! It's a whole process really. For starters, I wash my hair before I go to bed. In the morning, I'll just get the whole thing wet again, wait for 30 minutes (you could skip this, but for me it helps to tame frizzyness), seperate my fringe from the rest of my hair and blow dry with a diffuser until it's dry. I also straighten my bangs, and I use two products, one for volume and one for hold, that I get from the hair dresser.


Passant asked:
- "PLZ tell me is that your natural hair color? It's so shiny I love it, how do you keep it healthy like that?"
All natural, in fact, I've never even considered dying my hair another colour. I wash my hair about 3 times a week using either Head & Shoulders for Men (I just like the smell haha I don't even have dandruff) or John Frieda's Frizz Ease shampoo (though that just makes my hair frizzier), and only brush it before I wash it. Also, I never use hair spray or mousse, they both dry your hair out completely, which makes your hair look very dull and causes split ends.
When it comes to hair care products, my rule of thumb is less is more really.


Anonymous asked:
- "Where did you study graphic design? What was your school like?"
St Lucas in Antwerp! The atmosphere in the school was very relaxed. In studio classes, it was normal to listen to music, escape for some coffee, or even answer your phone (although I always found that to be slightly rude). I had awesome and less awesome professors, super class mates and not so super class mates.
I didn't really learn much graphic design, mostly due to my own stubbornness, but I got a lot better at drawing! I used to suck so bad haha. I would love to get back into it next year, but I would go to a different school. I just don't agree with the teaching methods at St Lucas - we basically only learned from our mistakes, and those of other students! I don't mind some trial and error, but they really took it to a whole new level.

This was part of the notorious Zebra Assignment. We had to do 6 of these advertisements, spread over 3 months. Needless to say, we all hated zebras with a passion by the end of those 3 months.


Forever Petite asked:
- "How do you edit your photos, levels and colour balance?"
Well for starters, I shoot in RAW, which gives you ultimate control. I edit the whitebalance, take out a lot of the black (especially when I take pictures in my bedroom, which is very dark), take out the noise if I have to... From then on, it all really depends on the colours in the picture, the atmosphere I want to create, etc. There are a million ways to create one effect. Play around with the blending modes (for example: copy and paste your photo, make the copied layer black and white and change the blending mode to 'screen'), play with the opacity, etc. Also there are a lot of tutorials and even premade actions out there, from the washed out effect to a seventies feel!


Anonymous asked:
- "How did you make that crumble? Oh it looks so delicious haha."
It comes out of a frikkin package! Insanely awesome right! If you can't find something alike in the store, or just prefer to make your own, here's Nigella Lawson's version!


Bobbie asked:
-"I'm new to your blog but I love your style! How much was your satchel from the *home is for the heartless* look?"
Welcome, and thanks! :D It's been over a year since I bought it from a random Asian ebay store, but I think it was about €21 including shipping. Also it was advertised as "tan" but it really is poopy brown!

The public's favourites (I always get comments about these when I wear them!), brogues from New Look and my satchel from eBay.


And that's it for today! I'd also like to assure everyone that I read and appreciate every comment that I get! In the future, I'll probably gather up your questions and steadily work on a post like this.

I would close off with a "Have a great Monday everyone!" but again, I'd only really expect a bitch slap haha.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At September 20, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Rachael said...

Loved this post!! I still love those shoes in the last pic! haha I think I commented the same thing when you actually posted it.

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

 
At September 20, 2010 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Nadine said...

Hello! I just started following you and I LOVE your template! Also, but not related, I have the same mascara. :)

 
At September 20, 2010 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Marcela A. said...

I want those shoes so bad it's not even funny ;___;

 
At September 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Forever Petite said...

Dankjewel voor je antwoord :) Ben al heel lang aan het frotten en het doen, maar krijg nooit zo'n mooi resultaat als jij. Maar we frotter gewoon weer verder :D

 
At September 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM , Anonymous Liset said...

Leuk om te lezen, mooie tas trouwens!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Fashiable | Nanne said...

wat een super super leuke schoentjes!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your answer on my question about your school. I would like to go study art, and was looking for some opinions from people from different schools, so thanks, it helped a lot!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 8:58 PM , Blogger genevieve said...

Oh, what fun! It's always nice to know a little bit more about the writers of the blogs you read.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your camera? :D I'm planning to buy one, so could you please recommend yours to me? Thank you!

 
At September 24, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You reply to your comments ^__^
I thought you were one of those
bloggers who don't even care
to look ;___;

 
At September 27, 2010 at 10:58 AM , Blogger The Fashion Moodboard said...

Leuk al die vragen! En leerzaam! Ik vind je blog altijd erg leuk!
xoxo
www.thefashionmoodboard.blogspot.com

 
At September 27, 2010 at 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

RAWR!

I love you Vicky birthday girl :3

Now for you to guess who I am, mwha.

 
At September 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Femke said...

thankyou for the sweet comment! hihhi.
jaa die blousjes zijn echt fijn!
hmm oke dan! jij dan ook alsnog van harte gefeliciteerd! ;)

xoxoF.

 
At October 5, 2010 at 9:01 PM , Anonymous Eloise said...

You should consider getting a formspring for questions.

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts