Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oct 22: We dance amongst our sins


MUSIC: DEAD AND DIVINE 
MOOD: SUPERB

Life's been treating me well lately! My new job's quite awesome, it took me a while (a full two days haha) to get into it but I'm really enjoying it. The atmosphere is great, so much better than back in the days I worked at Urban Outfitters. That sure had its good days but fuck some people there were frustrated! 
Anyway, today I had one of my many days off (oh the joy of working part time!) and my mate got his chest piece's outline done! Watching the horror and the blood kinda made me want to get started on my sleeve. I've been thinking about a proper tattoo (and by proper I mean something of a significant size, I'm sorry if I offend anyone but some script on the wrist or a star behind your ear are permanent doodles, not tattoos imo) for a few years now and I really think a half sleeve is the way to go. 
But today, to compensate, and because I felt really sorry for my bleeding friend, I got my nose pierced. 


Yay me for not getting cold feet! (The piercing shop was literally three doors from the tattoo shop, and also about 10 doors away from the store I work at, haha! Shinfo: The guy who tattooed my friend tattooed my manager a few days ago - What a small world!) I even stunned myself with how calm I was, needles usually freak me out. A lot. 
The needle driving through the cartilage was quite a strange sensation. It was painful, but not *OMFG I'M GONNA DIE* painful, and immediately afterwards, I cried a river from my left eye (which is a normal reaction, I was told) and then half of my face got numb. Hah.
It's still a bit sore now, and I can't wait for 10 weeks to pass so I can put a ring through it. Yay!

Meaningful posts coming, someday!
Have a great weekend <3

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At October 23, 2010 at 5:58 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I love how you are so open with your life ^^
The ring looks great and it's nice that life treats you well :)

 
At October 23, 2010 at 1:37 PM , Anonymous Liza said...

That's not cartilage, just flesh ;)

 
At October 23, 2010 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Vicky DISCOMETOOBLIVION.COM said...

@ Liza: That's awesome, but just have a quick look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_cartilages

 
At October 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks really good on you! :)

 
At October 24, 2010 at 7:26 PM , Blogger she. said...

your nose ring is cute, i would love to get one but i'm to chiken.lol.

 
At October 25, 2010 at 11:24 AM , Blogger PhyPhyKok said...

My friend went for Nose Piercing too but the guy didn't numb her nose or anything so it was super "OUCH"!

Can't wait for a proper update! :)

http://theholicstory.blogspot.com

 
At October 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Anonymous Tanya said...

Ik vind jou zo leuk he.. Je kledingstijl, en gewoon alles.. je lijkt me echt een leuk persoon om mee om te gaan en je houdt ook van dezelfde muziek :p

 
At October 30, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Leanns' Vintage said...

I love nose piercings. I actually have 2 myself :)

 
At October 30, 2010 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Glad you had the guts to go through with it!

I'm a new follower! I love your layout.

 
At November 3, 2010 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Izzie said...

Hello! I just found your blog, and I love it!

You have a wonderful style.

x

 
At November 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Six Feet From The Edge - Debbie said...

Staat je goed! Een ringetje ook, denk ik :)

 
At November 6, 2010 at 2:36 AM , Blogger Angela said...

I really enjoy your blog, it makes me want to shop lol. I found it on chictopia. Where did you find your blog template for the background???

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts