Monday, January 02, 2012

The best of 2011



bouncing up and down from caffeine overdoses and cute moments at the cash desk, dancing on the shop floor, gay bars, giggles and gossip during lunch breaks, betting for hamburgers, mcdonalds dates and testing the 3 martini hypothesis, awkward conversations on long walks to the bus stop, late night texting, a trip to London and the difficulty of following a straight road, skirts that are too short for sitting in the grass, running into Keith Buckley at Groezrock and seeing Circa Survive and Every Time I Die back to back, more late night texting, fishing popcorn out of my dress, being the whitest girl alive all through summer, hugging Henry my cat (rip buddy), Dance Gavin Dance in Brussels, post-work ice cream with old friends, getting wasted at a Cancer Bats concert and stealing a drum stick, numerous trips to Ikea, welcoming Fonzie to the family, the epileptic hamster dance, birthday dinners, quitting the job I stopped loving, counting down the last minutes at said job, getting ready for new beginnings and trying to turn life around.

I wish you all the bestest, most awesomest 2012. May you live as if December 21 is the last day of the universe!

I'm in bed nursing a slight hangover from last night's party - I had quite an awesome time, kicking off with Mario Kart (I totally lost my touch and kept losing over and over again) and sangria, going to my very first sip of whiskey before Chinese dinner, and ending with a beer that probably upset my stomach the most of all haha, in a bar. Also went to some random hipster party (they drew you an Illuminati eye on your hand for €15 as an entry stamp), don't remember much of that just that at one point they played Destiny's Child's Soldier, which was kinda funny.
We brought along a disposable camera so if the pictures turn out to be any good at all, I'll make sure to post'em here.

Anyway, I compiled my favourite outfits of the year!

My obvious aversion to knitwear, haha. 

Florals! The dress on the left was one of my uniform picks from when I worked at AllSaints. I don't know if I'm going to be wearing it much anymore, as I always feel sort of frumpy in it. 

My Cancer Bats sunglasses! I could easily count their concert on July 3 as one of my hightlights of the year, it was so awesome. Also, my denim jacket just keeps popping up, haha. I still love it to bits and I hope I'll never have to part with it. 

Definitely started wearing skirts and dresses more often this past year, and the stack of bracelets just kept growing!

My pretty in-between-seasons coat, these shiny and incredibly uncomfortable skinnies and more jewelry! Also, MORE FLORALS! 

Overall I wouldn't say my style has changed drastically over the past year. Maybe not at all, even. It's just a weird random mix of things I like, still! I'm definitely leaning more towards a boho-ish vibe now, I just wish I could wear flouncy maxi dresses and breezy kimonos all year long! 
Also, my hair and make-up always looks the same, haha, my legs however, don't. I went on a massive binging spree over the Summer (if any of you remember, I had a really shitty time) and I'm still trying to get back to my old weight (because on my frame and posture, a little bit of extra weight means fat pads on my arms and knees - I gain weight in the wackiest places!).

Which brings me to my 2012 resolutions! I've never ever made resolutions before, but I'm trying my hand on a load of self-improvement and I feel like I should confront myself with these as much as I possibly can:

  • Get a new, better job
  • Get a driver's license
  • Pick up kickboxing
  • Improve my drawing skills so I can start thinking about becoming a freelance illustrator
  • Move out and get my own place
  • Eat better
  • Feel happier

I hope you all had a terrific night, and see you soon guys! 

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At January 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Fräulein Wunder said...

Some of the points in your list are on my "to-do-list" for this year too.
I really like your style btw :) Nice outfits.

pssshhht.blogspot.com

 
At January 2, 2012 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Kailey said...

Soo in love with these pictures! Your style is always so on-point ^^ Meanwhile, I'm wishing you the best of luck with your resolutions!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM , Blogger charissa said...

Love the pictures! Your hair is so awesome!
Happy New Year to you! :)

 
At January 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! may all your dreams come true ;)

Your last year sounded so amazing, so adventurous! I bet you learned loads through taht year although not everything was probably that great.

i still love your style, your hair, your face ;)

xoxo Jen

 
At January 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy newyear and good luck with your resolutions!!

love the looks you had last year :) so girly stylish and outspoken!!

xx

 
At January 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM , Anonymous esther carril said...

Happy new year!

http://teenager-rebel.blogspot.com/

 
At January 3, 2012 at 9:50 PM , Anonymous PS by Dila said...

Moooi! Leuke stijl heb je. Vooral nr 4 & 6.

www.PSbyDila.com

 
At January 4, 2012 at 1:12 PM , Anonymous Edelweiss&Enzain said...

I just love the color of your hair! Want it too!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous ines said...

Happy newyear too :-)

 
At January 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Gracy said...

Wow je hebt prachtig haar !
Jouw blog is echt eentje om bij te houden!

 
At October 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

This might sound weird, but I googled All saints coat as im planning to buy the "turnlock coat" from their website, havnt ever seen it in real life. Im wondering if that coat is the "Turnlock Monument"? If so, is it a good winter coat or is it thin? Hehe. Im sorry for the random question. Hope you could help me out!

Sincerely
Linnéa

 
At October 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Vicky DISCOMETOOBLIVION.COM said...

Hey Linnéa! Mine's actually last year's Lendra Coat, a lighter, unlined version of (also last year's) Monument coat. The Turnlock coat seems like a remake of the Monument coat, (I worked at AllSaints you see haha)which was a good overcoat but not suggested for, say, bikerides in the snow. Warmer than your average H&M coat (those things are chilly!)

The Monument coat did run very small (especially narrow in the shoulders), I don't know if they've improved the fit on the Turnlock coat but be warned if you like to layer sweaters in the winter time!

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts