Sunday, July 01, 2012

On (not) blogging.

Retro dress - I Love Vintage 

So hey guys, I just felt like sharing what's been going on in my life lately. I haven't been feeling up to par the past few weeks, possibly due to the lousy weather we've been having, or the fact my life currently exists of working - cooking - eating - cleaning - sleeping too little. I scrapped the new blog layout I was working on, and haven't started the new design I was planning on doing. I wanted to go out sale shopping this morning but I overslept and stayed in bed all day, which is bad, mmkay. 

After sulking all day, I decided to get my shit together and clean the house, which I did, but I still cannot find a cure for this burn out I'm experiencing. I don't feel like taking pictures, drawing, designing, not even getting dressed! Like whaa!!! 

I've been having hard times getting dressed especially for work, because as you may or may not know I work at an eye clinic as a secretary so I can't exactly float around in sheer tops or overly cute vintage inspired dresses like the above (BUMMER RIGHT). 

Another reason why is that I've been a bit fed up with my body. I'm quite short and proportionally speaking, I have a small torso and a high, little defined waist, while all I could want is a tiny waist which would look superb in flared high waister skirts but alas, I look incredibly stumpy in them. The dress pictures above, I couldn't even zip up, which was the last drop for me. 
So okay, I've gained some weight after going from sales associate to desk clerk (meaning: running around all day versus sitting on my ass with access to cookies all day), but I can't say this is a new feeling. I'm a Libra with a few traits of a Virgo. I'm an idealistic perfectionist, ergo, prone to insanity haha. 

My mom just wants to slap me for criticizing my figure the way I do, but what can I say? The grass is always greener... 
I must say after frequenting the gym (I go 3 times a week, this week I stayed home once for Fonzie my cat because the weather forecast said there was a big ass storm coming) my body's been better, my legs have a defined shape (which they never had before lolz) and my back feels a lot stronger but my itty bitty jelly belly seems to be immune to my work out, alas. So I keep dreaming of a flat stomach and a tiny waist. 

So yeah, that's about it I suppose. Sorry for this incoherent post. On a rational level I realize I have nothing to feel bad about body-wise, and in no way do I endorse or condone unhealthy life styles nor do I see flaws or imperfections in other people the way I do in myself. 

First and foremost, I should clean up my room properly because this mess is making me a mess! And a lazy one, too. So I'll wrap things up here, take a nice shower and go to bed, so I can get up early tomorrow, go to the gym, perhaps go into the city for some sale shopping, and tindy up my fucking room. 

Peace out! Lololz.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At July 1, 2012 at 4:15 AM , Blogger Halo Hasta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM , Blogger S. said...

aah joh je hebt supermooi figuur, geen zorgen! en dit is ook echt een prachtjurkje (:

 
At July 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Je hebt een heel goed figuur, wees niet te streng voor jezelf!!

 
At August 4, 2012 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow! your blog is so absolutely gorgeous and vintage-like! Really sweet!

Would love for you to check out my blog too at http://www.unkitsch.blogspot.com!

 
At August 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Annebeth said...

ik voel met je mee, klinkt best heavy. Misschien moet je het roer omgooien, als dat mogelijk is? Een andere job zoeken waar je meer vrijheid hebt of die je meer stimuleert? Of part time werken en in je vrije tijd dingen doen die je meer aanspreken? Denk eens na over de zaken die je echt zo deprimeren nu, want die gaan waarschijnlijk niet zomaar weg.

Over je figuur: ik ken het probleem, ik ben zoooo lang gefrustreerd geweest over allerlei zaken aan mijn lichaam en gezicht en haar en whatever die niet perfect waren of die ik liever anders had gezien. Het heeft gewoon geen zin, want iedereen heeft een ander figuur en andere proporties. Als iets mij niet staat of past is dat jammer, maar het is nu eenmaal zo: on to the next one. Kleren die echt bij je passen geven je toch een beter gevoel dan heel mooie dingen die je totaal niet passen. En zij moeten jou passen, jij moet niet in de kleren passen! :D

 
At August 23, 2012 at 6:26 PM , Blogger The Photogramps said...

Beautiful images on your blog. It's very cohesive and whimsical. Reading all the way from Venice, CA!
Here's mine!
http://www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts