Friday, September 21, 2012

Velvet




Today I compiled a few pictures that have inspired me lately. Fall is in the air and I can feel it! And I really don't like it! Granted, the very first few days of crisp air and fresh breezes were nice but hell I'm longing for Summer again. Also, I'm longing for the day that gosh darn cast can come off of my leg! I'm getting kind of tired of having to wear maxi dresses and skirts all the time, I'm so much more of a jeans kinda gal. I also don't feel like wearing short dresses because I feel like I get enough stares as it is, walking with a limp, I don't need people feeling sorry for me (unless I need a seat on the bus, muahahaha).

Moving on... The first photo made me want to run to the thrift store and find a nicely patterned scarf to make a vest out of. I like pimpin' a boring outfit with an extra (unnecessary?) layer like a light cardigan or a waistcoat. Can't be too difficult of a DIY, right? I really feel like DIY'ing lately, my mojo's back and it's hit me hard! I wish walking wasn't such a hassle - I'd go thriftin' right away!

The second photo, well, I cannot stop wearing my denim jacket! I wasn't too much of a fan of the patchwork flares (oh yeah they're patterned all over!) so I cropped them out of the photo, haha. But the beanie, and that gorgeous woman's gorgeous hair! Totes amaze!

Photo 3 I just felt like it matched photo 4 well - Lana Del Ray, my main source of inspiration and probably my "muse" for the past few weeks. While on the hunt for my mojo I listened to her album quite a lot, and as I've said on mah facebook page, THERE'S SO MUCH MORE LANA ON YOUTUBE! My favourites include Yayo, Kill Kill and Go Go Dancer. I just really love that dark, melancholic edge she has, gloomy and fatalistic, it's just such a nice change from the *ooh babeh I luv u touch ma assz* kind of pop songs you hear on the radio all the time.
And I don't care about people saying she's fake, I think It's obvious she's created a persona, like building a wall around yourself and your private life - something I think isn't a luxury in celeb land. Just think of how many people have broken down under the constant stress of being famous over the past years (obviously Britney being the number one example of how not to do it).

In other news, my foot's still broken (hah!), TGIF, I'm totes going to Ikea tomorrow (YIPPEE!!), my birthday is coming up, I desperately need a haircut and I'm dying to get back into my economics studies and get my business license! (Remember when I showed you the little jewels I wanted to sell?)

Enjoy your weekend, lovelies!



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Annebeth said...

ik haat het gezaag over haar fake zijn ook. Iedereen is fake, elke popster is een personage. En ze heeft mooie liedjes!

uw lay out is echt prachtig samen met die fotocollage <3

 
At September 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM , Blogger denise said...

oooh prachige foto´s!
liefs,
denise

 
At September 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM , Blogger Gaby Doris said...

lovely picture!

http://dancingwithtearsgf.blogspot.com/

 
At September 22, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Blogger MIRTE said...

Great pictures!!

 
At September 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM , Blogger lee said...

Zo'n vestje gemaakt van een sjaal is echt een super idee!

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts