Friday, October 05, 2012

Fonzie

Some of you might have read the news on my facebook page: My furry pal Fonzie passed away two weeks ago. He was only 15 months old and his death was just devastating to our family. We'll always love him dearly.
He was out on a morning stroll Saturday September 22 when he got hit by a car. The driver put him in the grass on the sidewalk, where my mom found him that afternoon. He had a small gash on one side of his head, other than that he looked like he was sleeping, so fortunately we did get the chance to say goodbye. I don't know the common practices are in other countries, but we had our little fella cremated. None of us were able to just leave our baby in the cold, wet ground. We wrapped him in his favourite blanket and gave him away. We have his cremains on a shelf with a bunch of his pictures, whenever I walk by I stop and think of all the fun times we had together, and the way he brought our family closer.

Fonzie will always have a special place in my heart so it goes without saying that he should have its special place here, too.


That's me trying to sweet-talk him into letting me cuddle him. He was just 6 months old back then and he didn't like to be held... 

... But as you can tell, that changed drastically. 

Fonzieboo, my dearest, my bestestest friend, my sweet little Romeo (meowing at my window at night, aww!!), I'll never forget your purs, your bitch slaps, your soft white tummy and the way you licked my toe the last time I saw you. ILU <3



Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At October 5, 2012 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Annebeth said...

:( ik vind het zo erg. Wij hebben vier katten en we wonen aan een drukke straat maar in een rijtjeshuis, en normaal gaan ze vooral achterlangs erop uit in de naburige tuinen etc. Maar vroeger werden mijn katten altijd doodgereden als ze een jaar oud waren ofzo en dat deed zo'n pijn :(

 
At October 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Elisse said...

Aaaah lieve Fonzie, rust vredig in de kattenhemel! Moge je favoriete speeltje en voedsel daar tot in het oneindige aanwezig zijn.

 
At October 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM , Blogger Jessi said...

Oh, arme Fonzie. Hopelijk is hij gelukkig waar hij nu is. Wat zo'n beestjes toch niet met een mens doen.

 
At October 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh zo erg :(

 
At October 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM , Anonymous Josianne said...

Oh neee, wat vervelend :( Gecondoleerd en heel veel sterkte de komende tijd

 
At November 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

supercute pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts