Sunday, December 23, 2012

let love gnaw the meat from your bones


Hey guys! Hope you're all enjoying your Christmassy Sunday afternoon! I can't believe it all came so soon, mostly because we're not in our Christmas spirits here at home, my parents might be separating which is obviously rather shitty, so I don't quite know what the holidays will bring this year... 

So let me quickly change the subject to something brighter right! What have I been up to in the past three weeks, for example! Well, I had 9 driving lessons, which means I only have to pass the 10th to get a learner's permit, which in Belgium means that I can drive by myself (just not on fortnights of weekends or holidays), woo! This means going to the gym will be even easier (I know it's the laziest thing you've ever heard, not wanting to bike to the gym), and I can go to work WITHOUT PUBLIC TRANSPORT OMG IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE. 

I also spent a few days home from work because of nasty viral infection and a vicious bronchitis to top it off. I'm still recovering (there's literally snot everywhere), but man did I enjoy those few days off! I've been working 40+ hours a week (workweeks are 38h here), including the drive it's just way too much time spent away from home. 

I've been watching Girls and Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23. Both excellent comedy shows, if you could use a little pick-me-up, tune in! NOW!


The holidays aren't only for indulging in mad amounts of food and jolliness, it also means SALES EVERYWHERE OMFG! I picked up these two printed jerseys from ASOS, the tee is from The Orphan's Arms and was a whopping €35, way more than I usually spend on t-shirts but I love the design and I read their tees are quite nicely finished so yeah, we'll see! I can still return dat shiz if I have to. 

Also, I forgot to mention this I think, I fixed the links in the header, yay me! So now there's an info page, a contact page and some links to my favourite places in the blogosphere. 

In last post I said I was going to a birthday party, which ended up being really awesome (even though Pizza Hut was AWFUL but I guess we should've expected that). Have a photo of me displaying why I never have anyone take my outfit pictures: 


Other activities I've been enjoying? Playing Call of Duty with friends after some Jägermeister, endlessly roaming the Christmas markets for booths that still sell alcoholic beverages past 9 o'clock, chasing cats in bars, snuggling Enya (SHE FINALLY LETS ME PICK HER UP) and drinking and dashing (this was not my idea, I tell you!)

This year has been an odd one. No awful ups, no awful downs, just a lot of goin' steady, slowly working my way to my goals. I'm pretty sure stars are aligning and shit's bound to get good, it just has to! Karma fucking owns me. But in the meantime, I'm going to do a major detox in my closet (I always say that, but I end up dumping everything in the "keep" pile), work on some freelance stuff and eat lots of vitamins so I can finally get rid of this cough. 

Happy holidays, you guys. 



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 23, 2012 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Annebeth said...

ugh, scheidingen, het SLECHTSTE kerstcadeau ooit.

 
At December 23, 2012 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Insomnia said...

Hope you still have nice holidays, though!

http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be/

 
At January 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cal of duty ruins marriages! ha ha x

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts