Tuesday, January 22, 2013

In Circles

So I'm back with some pictures! Yay! I haven't gotten tired of the photo frames just yet, so bare with me as I practice my photoshop skills, 'kay? 

I've been listening to a LOT of Sunny Day Real Estate lately, especially on the bus when I'm trying to catch some more Z's, either after a not-long-enough night rest or a hard day of work. It's funny I haven't slept all the way through to the last stop, I seem to always wake up just in time to gather my things and get off the bus, haha. 
My doctor gave me some over the counter meds for regained energy (the pack even has a little stick figure bouncing around) but so far I'm not feeling it just yet, bummer!

In somewhat related news, I watched The Science of Sleep the other day, and it was amazing. So how about that Gael Garcia Bernal huh? Not bad, not bad at all. Anyway, the movie is directed by Michael Gondry, known for directing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (one of my favourite movies of all time) and in terms of wackiness and visual artistry, The Science of Sleep is definitely up that same alley, albeit more playful and whimsical. I definitely recommend it, a must-see for the indie film lover. 

On to the photos! I'm not going to blog everything at once, because you know, I'm a terrible blogger so having a few pre-written posts up my sleeve is heavenly! Coinciding with this post's title, I thought I'd start off with rings! 

Ring - eBay
Quick review: I'm quite pleased with this ring, the stone is beautiful in the light as you can tell in the photograph and the ring itself seems to be of decent quality. I haven't had the green imprint just yet though I've worn it quite a lot (I do always take my rings off when I wash my hands though).


Nailpolish - Bourjois '10 Days' in #25 with a layer of Essence 'Colour & Go' in #103 Space Queen
Rings (multipack) - Six

Ring (right above the earrings, the mint faceted stone, yeah that's a ring) - part of the multipack in picture above. 


Now as for something new I want to introduce here: Where the idea comes from! I'm an avid user of Pinterest so every now and then I'll gather a few images and sources as to where exactly I get my inspiration. After seeing these pictures, I instantly forgot all about giant statement rings. 
Images 1 & 2, 3

Mociun's jewelry is way out of my price range, alas, but a girl can dream, right? I'm having troubles finding rings as small as these but I assume once the high street pick up on this trend (can't call it a trend just yet, but soon people, soon!) they'll be throwing them at us just like we're forced to look upon millions of galaxy prints and gauzy blouses with studs and other appliques on the collars. You know I'm right! So sit back and watch it all happen! 

One more note: I've been trying to up my game graphics-wise ever since I updated the layout. I hope you guys are digging it! 

Next up on the blog: Probably tops, or jewelry. Perhaps even home decor? SO MANY PICS COMING UP OMAGHAD! 

Sincerely yours,

Vicky



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At January 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik wist niet dat science of sleep ook door Michael Gondry geregiseerd werd, maar 't zit inderdaad in dezelfde sfeer en ik hield er evenveel van als van eternal sunshine (ook alletwee bij mijn favorieten!).

 
At January 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Ria said...

Great inspiration, your rings are so pretty! xoxo

 
At January 23, 2013 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Margrietvw said...

Hi!

Look at etsy for stacking rings, there are hundreds!

 
At January 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Insomnia said...

Pretty pictures! The first ring must be sterling silver? So it won't get green as the metal once do.

http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts