Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Blood

Yay look at me guys, the entire page full of only relatively new posts! I'm on a roll! I can't wait to shoot some outfit pictures with all this awesome new stuff I got! The sales have been very good to me, I got a lot of what I needed and also what I didn't need (whoops!) and now it's time to cut back a little. The only thing I'll allow myself to lay my hands on are some cardigans and sandals! More about the latter soon, because oh yes the hunt is on. If you're unaware, I have very difficult feet (and that is why I broke my left foot this Summer) thus shopping for open shoes is always such a hassle for me. 

But I digress! Back on topic with some of my new purchases! 

Balloon print pajama shirt - Zara

If there's one thing I learned from my time at AllSaints it is to not ever date your co-worker that silk is the most comfortable fabric to wear. This charming hot air balloon and blimp print won me over instantly - however the price, €50 for a shirt that is probably made of a lower-grade material, held me back. Until it got marked down to €25. SCORE.


Geometric print dress - Zara

I don't know how many times I have refrained using the words "aztec" "tribal" or "ethnic" to describe this trendy print, if you're wondering why I suggest you read this open letter to Urban Outfitters. This whole cultural appreciation vs racism thing is actually a really interesting debate, I mean, where's the line you know? Obviously I'm not going to prance around wearing a headdress because that's just dumb, even if it gets you a thousand million hypes on lookbook. (Maybe that makes it even dumber...)


Tank - ASOS
Necklace - House of Harlow 1960

Exhibit B of fine lines: A tank top with a hamsa hand and an evil eye. I hadn't even realised the funny of these two items lined up like this. I wonder if anyone would object to Little Miss White Privileged Girl over here wearing this.


Tee - Zara

Exhibit C? Paisley print is indigenous to Indian culture and although this is a loose interpretation (as you may have seen in last post's close up of the print, this consists of skulls and bones, it's pretty neat), I'm seeing a pattern here, haha. 
I wonder though, what would be a real "European" thing to wear, besides lederhösen. For the love of all that is holy, no lederhösen!


Tee - Pull & Bear

Broderie Anglaise! That must count as European, no? Do I hear one Davey Cameron objecting? 

Anyway, on a lighter note: I have attempted to clear some space in my wardrobe alas I have not made much progress. A photographer friend of mine is interested in my treasures for styling purposes, and since I just can't let go of my things, why not rent them out and become like, a stylist kind of person? And earn money while doing so? 
And boooomm there you have it, another reason for me to get my business license, and a terrific excuse to hold on to my precious belongings. 

See ya soon guys!



Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Melaine said...

Lindas compras :)

 
At January 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Suze said...

mooie dingen! vooral die ballon pyjama dingen die heb ik ook nog in m'n handen gehad. Regarding de blouse van zara, H&M doet nu net zoiets! http://www.hm.com/nl/product/06662?article=06662-G xxx

 
At February 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Belle said...

Mooi kleedje van zara!

x Denbelle

 
At February 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM , Blogger Insomnia said...

Super spulletjes allemaal!

http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.com/

 
At February 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh die Zara spulletjes zijn echt leuk en ik ben ook fan van dat laatste topje! super spulletjes :)
archistas.com

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts