Saturday, March 02, 2013

Shoes and confessions

Hey dudes! Did your week fly by as smoothly as mine? Despite my horrid mood I seem to have managed to get through the week without being too sleep deprived, yay! Overtime at work will be over soon, so I'm pretty excited about picking up life where I left it three months ago: Going back to the gym being on the top of my to do list!

Spring seems to be creeping up on us slowly, the days are getting longer and next week temperatures are supposed to hit about 15°C! I can't wait to feel the air on my skin again, and to wear all of my awesome jackets.

I'm taking the search for an apartment to a whole new level, checking up on various websites at least a few times a day, phone handy, ready to hit up the owners with my "CAN I KEEP A KITTY??" question.

Anyway, I shot these pictures last weekend, my newest shoes!

Zara, €19.99

New Look (ok these are actually pretty old), €35
Mango, €45

Zara, €49,99

I had been eyeing those red suede boots, since I didn't own a single pair of red shoes (wait I probably do, I just never wear them... I admit I'm a hoarder), one of Annebeth's facebook posts won me over so I hopped over to Zara during my lunch break and bagged them babies up! I mean, €20 for a pair of kick ass suede boots? What was I thinking when I just walked by?? 

It's a strange phenomenon though, I wrote in my New Year's Resolutions that I wanted to start living with less stuff and here I am, buying all the shit I can get my hands on. You would not believe the amount of decorative trinkets I've gotten, it's astounding and probably enough to fill not one but five apartments. Problem? I think I'm just trying to fill up a hole inside, as we probably all try to do in one way or another. For me, it's consumerism. I see moving out of the house as a great opportunity to start with a clean slate. I really want to keep focus and carefully decide what I want to bring into this new kind of life (for those who don't know I still live with my parents in a dull area and I want to move to the city) as I've been feeling very overwhelmed just with the *stuff* I have. 

Ah so that's my caffeine-induced rant for this quiet Saturday afternoon. I hope you all enjoy your weekend! 



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Annebeth said...

ugh ik voel wat je schrijft ZO HARD. ik ga heen en weer tussen een afkeer voor alle stomme rommel die ik heb waar ik geen behoefte aan heb, en de short term obsessie met het vinden van dat ene perfecte stuk/gewoon iets leuks dat een aanvulling is op mijn kast. Ik heb het onder controle, maar echt bevredigend is de relatie met shoppen en spullen niet.

 
At March 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Fashiable | Nanne said...

Die bovenste boots voor 20 euro..och ik ben jaloers!!

 
At March 2, 2013 at 6:23 PM , Anonymous birgit said...

Ooooh! The red and black Zara booties are super pretty! Hows the quality? I must check them out :)

 
At March 4, 2013 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Zo jaloers op al die schoenen die je hebt gekocht! Zal maar beter de winkelstraat mijden de komende week :)

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts