Thursday, August 12, 2010

Aug. 12: the thunder that i stole from your windowsill.


MUSIC: VANNA
MOOD: GOOD


I measured my waist the other day, when I was yet again searching ebay for a nice red belt (eyeing one as we speak) and much to my surprise, I have quite a tiny waist. I didn't lose any weight but it seems like volume has been shifting over the past few months. Is it the final moments of puberty? Is it a change in eating habits I'm completely oblivious to? We'll never know. 
So I'm guessing this whole *my waist is completely straight and I hate it* thing is in my head. So I wore this dress without the red belt I don't have yet. Mildly deriving the attention to my legs though; I love how overknees give an outfit a bit of a twist. And oddly enough, they make my legs look really thin. 
In case anyone's wondering, the dress and overknees are from H&M, the booties from Urban Outfitters.

Lookbook's being a total fuckhead lately, so no hype widget today. I tried uploading this pic and it seemed to work just fine but then it kept vanishing and shit, it got on my nerves. It's been like this for a week now, very annoying.
Besides from the site being one huge bug, I don't know if I like LB much anymore. Too many 14-year old wannabe hipsters that come from their tumblrs full of galaxy pics to worship the skinniest girls there and then moan in the Secrets thread that they want to have an eating disorder too.
WHAT THE FUCK?
It fuels my need for trolling. Not good.

For funz, I joined Chictopia. It's fun actually, the site's quite hard to navigate but the general atmosphere is so much more positive.

I'm in physiotherapy for my hip now, and well basically the treatment to my inflamed tendon is RUBBING THE ACHEY BIT FOR 15 MINUTES STRAIGHT. Eight more sessions to go, god I wish it was over already.
No pain, no gain. 

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At August 12, 2010 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mooi jurkje met de overknee socks!!

 
At August 12, 2010 at 11:45 PM , Blogger rachel said...

i love this outfit, you look amazing x

 
At August 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM , Blogger the outfit diaries said...

The dress looks great on you. I share your opinion on Lookbook. It seems like the clothes don't even matter anymore. Some of them look like they're past dead, so freaking skinny, and everybody's shouting they look amazing.

 
At August 13, 2010 at 4:42 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I came across your blog through chictopia & it's lovely! This dress looks gorgeous on you & makes me sad I passed it by the other day. I picked it up, admired the dots, and put it back down telling myself I didn't need it. But it looks absolutely darling!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

the shoes♥! great look (:

http://pineplanet.blogspot.com

 
At August 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM , Blogger aprileveryday said...

I just found your blog and I love it!! I actually just bought this dress yesterday when I was searching for the cream striped one instead and couldnt find it anywhereeee! So i had to make do with this one instead! I was actually considering taking it back till I saw you wearing it! It really does look so nice!! :)

xo April

 
At August 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

staat je echt goed! ook zonder rode riem. ik heb dit jurkje ook maar dan met allemaal bloemetjes. heel raar, had 2x mijn maat gepakt. en de ene zat heel mooi en de andere leek wel een vuilniszak. naja, ik vind het leuk! vooral met die overknees!

 
At August 14, 2010 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Photographs by Anne said...

erg mooi! je schoenen staan mooi bij het jurkje !

 
At August 14, 2010 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Rose Gold said...

I know everybody says it: but your blog is so freakin' AWESOME! please, keep it goin' and never ever think about stoppin to blog :)

*with lots of <3*

 
At August 14, 2010 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Wardrobe Wars said...

Lovely blog! We just found it on The Fashion Spot. Looking forward to reading through all of past posts. We totally agree with what you've said about Lookbook. Chictopia is so much more postitive, and hopefully it will stay that way and not turn into the skinny praising paradise that Lookbook has become!
Greetings from Ireland
xxx
Fifi & Niamh
http://www.thewardrobewars.blogspot.com - take a look if you get a chance, we'd really love your feedback - follow if you like what you see.

 
At August 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Kat said...

i love this dress!!

please check out my blog and follow it if you like it :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

 
At August 16, 2010 at 1:58 AM , Anonymous Marissa said...

your dresses are so cute! and yes yes i agree about lookbook! i always think back to lookbook when i stumbled upon it a year or two ago. it's a completely different website now it seems...


www.goodjeansgoodsole.com

 
At August 16, 2010 at 5:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love this outfit! the dress is gorgeous, polka dots just have character and you've made them look just perfect. love your blog, just came across it, definitely a new fave :) *new follower*

http://www.repeatwithbrazen.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts