Monday, August 16, 2010

Aug. 16: A sinner at gunpoint.


MUSIC: GLASSJAW
MOOD: GOOD





Lookbook seems to be bug-free again, hurray. I was glad to read in the comments that there are people that agree with me on the weight issue they have going on.

About the outfit, I'm addicted to these socks! I probably wouldn't wear them out often with a skirt as short and tight as this (I felt a wee bit uncomfortable to be honest) so I'm looking for a skirt that is a little thicker and longer. Anyway, I wanted to wear this City and Colour top but aftr being in the washer for so many times (this was my absolute favourite tee a year and a half ago) it kind of shrunk and lost its shape a bit. Result? A boxy t-shirt with an awkward length. Tucking in is really the only answer.
So now it looks like there's a deer hiding in my skirt haha.

I started to notice that I only really like to make outfits with my new clothes (don't you just love coming home and trying everything on again?) so I'm trying to be at least a bit creative with my old clothes, too. The cardigan is something I bought back in the days I worked at Urban Outfitters (Nov. 2008!), those days were golden really. Employee discount pwns. The cardigan has this deep, rich bordeaux colour. I was eyeing the grey version at first, but now I'm happy those were sold out. Every excuse is good to break out of your comfort zone.

Also, I'm aware of the fact I need to cut my fringe. Again. Good thing my mom has a steady hand, because I don't. You know, everyone always says I looks exactly like my mother but I never really saw it. But the older I get, the more I see it. It's kind of freaky! Like looking into the future. 

I doubt anyone's even reading this, but in case you are, and you like Glassjaw (or any kind of post hardcore really) you should listen to their new single. 
YEAH, OMG MUCH. NEW GLASSJAW MATERIAL.

Glassjaw - All Good Junkies Go To Heaven

I'm incredibly happy I had the chance to see them live at Groezrock in April, though another concert in a smaller venue (preferably a low stage hehe) would be even more awesome. Oh the insane money I'd pay.

9 Comments:

At August 16, 2010 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Bee. said...

i really love this look (:
shame that all the good tees have to shrink!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Fashiable | Nanne said...

Het is de eerte keer dat ik op je blog kom, maar je hebt écht een hele mooie stijl en blog! Ik ga je volgenX

 
At August 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Photographs by Anne said...

prachtige outfit !

 
At August 16, 2010 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Céline said...

loving the outfit!
xo.

blond-antwerp.blogspot.com

 
At August 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mooie outfit!

 
At August 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Steffi said...

Geweldige blog! Alweer een volger erbij ;)

http://numutma.blogspot.com/

 
At August 21, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Aoife. said...

I love this outfit!
especially the cardigan -
the colour is gorgeous :)

 
At August 22, 2010 at 11:48 PM , Blogger Eva said...

i really like your cardigan! :)

PS. i gave you the stylish blogger award over at my blog!
http://evathebeaver.blogspot.com

 
At August 23, 2010 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Yvonne said...

you have good taste in music.

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts