Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm made of wax, Larry, what are you made of?

MUSIC: A DAY TO REMEMBER
MOOD: FUZZY


Ahh, the weather's been so nice these past few days! Today's my second day off and yesterday I spent the day in bed, watching Criminal Minds and Californication with a bad throat ache and lots of snot dripping everywhere. But today I'm feeling better! I went out to enjoy the sunshine, and to look for new sunglasses. A nose piercing doesn't only make blowing your nose a lot harder, it's also a pain in the ass when it comes to sunglasses! I get super duper creeped out when the frame touches the stud, aaargh! As soon as this lingering cold is over though, I'm getting my nose ring back. Excited! I hope this time I won't grow excess scar tissue, cause, eww.

So I had been looking for the perfect sunnies for a while now, and whilst I was trying some pairs on at H&M (and obviously they were way too small for my big head) and I had a small epiphany: Men's sunglasses. Of course. Why hadn't I thought of this sooner? Men have bigger heads right? = Bigger sunglasses. Fuck yeah!

Men's Sunglasses from New Look, €4

I know, they're blatantly fake Wayfarers (even though I once claimed I just DON'T wear Wayfarers, but then again, it's not like I foresaw a nose piercing in my future) but it's seriously the only type that suits my face and fringe (which is SUPER SHORT) these days. 

Also. Am I the only person that gets über melancholic with each start of a new season? Spring reminds me of my old job as a secretary at the eye clinic, of falling in love with my classmate, and drinking sangria in the local park. 
I hope next Winter I'll be reminded of long walks in the snow to the bus stop, post work hamburgers and gay bars.

In completely unrelated news, I've noticed a lot of girls hitting on everything that moves lately. Maybe it's my PAWS-OFF-BITCHES mentality when it comes to my male friends, or the fact a lot of chicks have been hitting on me, (do I look gay?) I don't know but it's striking! 

One month from now I'll be partying away on a Jägermeister-induced wave of awesomeness that is Groezrock, yay! Oh how I long for it to be just as awesome as last year!


A Day To Remember - I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?          

Rant ends here! I hope everyone gets to enjoy the weather as well as we can here in Belgium!
x

Labels:

12 Comments:

At March 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Andy said...

You have a perfect blog! If you want to visit my blog :)

http://kockandy.blogspot.com/

 
At March 23, 2011 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Sophie Isobel said...

Sharp thinking with the mens sunglasses! They suit you :)
x

 
At March 23, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Anonymous Isha said...

Smart of you to think of those men's sunglasses!
And I have that melancholic feeling too.

I had an idea for maybe a post to do:
A look inside your closet? What's in it, how it's organised,...
I'd love to see your wardrobe. :)
x

 
At March 23, 2011 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have the same problem with H&M sunglasses! I got a big head too so i am totally with ya. i rock dude shades all the time. i think wayfarers look great on everyone! good choice

 
At March 23, 2011 at 9:01 PM , Anonymous ines said...

Oh love your sunglasses!
En inderdaad, het weer is so awesome nu !

 
At March 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Rachael said...

Love this post! Great sunglasses!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

 
At March 24, 2011 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Hooked on Shoes said...

Hahaha, so funny about the girls hitting on everyone. Must be our gorgeous Belgian weather. Makes all the hormones and feromones loose. :p

Smart thinking on the sunglasses btw, and your nose stud looks totally cool on you.

 
At March 27, 2011 at 1:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love wearing mens sunglasses- my head is huge. And I do have Wayfarers, but they're legit Ray Bans, and they don't fit my head quite as well as cheaper, mens sunglasses. So I wear my knockoffs a lot more often.

xo Sherrie

Closet Hound

 
At April 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger ChellsieB said...

Love your blog and your music!! Dance Gavin Dance and A Day To Remember are my favourite bands, along with The Used and Taking Back Sunday.
Following!!
Hope you can check my blog out, just added a new post.
www.cfashionandbeauty.blogspot.com
xx

 
At April 3, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Leanns' Vintage said...

Hahhaha je schrijft echt heel leuk (:
En waar heb jij je neuspiercing vandaan? Ik heb zelf twee neuspiercings, en kan hier in de buurt geen goeie vinden (alleen maar met steentjes erin, maar die vallen er altijd uit =|). Maar volgens mij heb jij zo'n bolletje-wat-vast-zit-aan-staafje of niet? Die zijn perfect.

x

 
At April 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM , Blogger openbrief1 said...

Oh ja een ringetje moet je doen, zo leuk :D
heb het zelf jaren gelee eens geprobeerd, maar mijn knopje was zo dun dat een ringetje er onmogelijk inkon....beetje jammer

 
At May 4, 2011 at 1:07 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

You are beautiful!! I love your blog..it's so pretty :)

www.themoptop.com

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts