Thursday, May 05, 2011

Little Hell: Groezrock, and London pt I.

MUSIC: CITY AND COLOUR
MOOD: CHEERFUL

Groezrock/London post has arrived! You know I'm one of those people that'll drag along their camera and then eventually end up forgetting being too lazy to take pictures. And I always regret it!

First things first. So Friday morning I got up at like 5:45 to pack those lingering bits like my toothbrush and make up, get my last shower (I tend to feel extremely dirty from the minute I walk into a port-o-potty) and leave for Groezrock! Yay! For those who don't know yet, it's an annual punk/hardcore/ska/whateverthehellnot festival, and it's only a few weeks back that I got to know what "Groez" means: Apparently it's some local dialect for pubes. Awesome.

It started to heat up pretty fast so I basically hid under a scarf for two days - Laugh all you want but I just don't dig a burnt scalp (happens all the time), it hurts like a motherfucker! I was enjoying two Monsters (you know, the energy drinks, loaded with sugary goodness) when my friend Steve randomly walked out on me and Alisée, so we were all WTF NOW, and then we saw he was actually stalking Keith Buckley of Every Time I Die, which resulted into this:


Major squintage going on because we just so happened to be staring directly into the sun. And yes, I took the scarf off of my head to take this picture, haha. I asked him if he remembered us from their last Belgian gig and he did say we looked familiar but I didn't believe him for one second so I said "yeah you were probably too drunk to remember" and then he laughed and walked off - I found out later that ETID was actually signing, and that's what he was probably rushing to. Fuck haha. I still want to meet the rest of the band!

Saturday was a bit of a slow day, we saw a lot of bands but none of them really appealed to me. The weather continued to be super awesome, which was great. I expected to come home with a ridiculous tan, but as you can tell from the pictures in the post below, nothing changed, haha. The next day I met a friend of mine and I just so happened to be wearing a white shirt and he was all *LOL U HAVE NO SHIRT ON LOL* which was actually quite funny.

So that ^ sums up what I did with my Sunday, haha. I had planned on crashing in bed but instead I crashed in the grass / in his couch.

Monday morning me and Alisée embarked on our little speedy trip to London to see City and Colour! Yay! We saw Camden, got lost on our way to the Royal Albert Hall (it's surprisingly difficult to follow a straight road) and had a magical dinner at KFC.

The title of this blog post, "Little Hell", is the title of City and Colour's new album, out on June 7! Can't wait bro!

Our hotel, Earl's Court Gardens, had these little packets of coffee and MOO MILK (crazy ass awesomeness!) ready for us as we got there. The whole place was kinda old and weathered, the bed was rock hard but we had a great night rest nonetheless and the owner was super friendly - did I mention he sounded exactly like Apu from The Simpsons?

This is zoomed in to the max (55mm to be exact, I can't zoom in any further with my stinky kit lens) as we had Gallery spots. In case you're wondering, Dallas is the dude on the left, haha.

I know, the image is incredibly insignificant (and even then I blow it up so it's the same size as my pictures - allow me to be anal about the design of my website, haha), but enjoy the sound!

On Tuesday we went to Oxford Street. We started with Primark, hoping to avoid the crowd at an early hour. All hope was gone when we went up the escalator, to the shoes and accessory department. Holy shit you could barely move! Topshop was a major bummer, it was far too big and the layout of the shop was a total clusterfuck. We also went to Urban Outfitters, HMV, Burger King (ONION RINGS <333), Bik Bok and so on. The purchases, however, are for a second part to this post! It's not all that much but I just haven't really had the chance to take pictures yet. Wooo! 

See you soon guys!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At May 5, 2011 at 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like a ton of amazing fun. i am crazy about your hair! And I can't wait to have my summer, music concert day like this!

xo Sherrie
Closet Hound

 
At May 6, 2011 at 4:39 AM , Blogger The Cat Hag said...

It looks like such a fabulous day, and you look so gorgeous, here and in all your posts. ♥


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

 
At May 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM , Blogger bm said...

cute blog !!

http://www.theupperfashion.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-UpperFashion/158555610842727

 
At May 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM , Blogger sweet harvest moon said...

Glad you had a great time :)

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

 
At May 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM , Anonymous Grysh said...

Off-topic: Followed you at Google Connect. Hope you follow me back. ;)

OMG. You are so cute. Girl crush *Kyaah* Haha. :D
But seriously though, you look gorgeous.

Aww, I've attended a lot of those music (rock/punk/indie) festivals here in my country. Would love to try attending the ones abroad someday. :)

Grysh
http://gryshco.com

 
At May 19, 2011 at 11:11 PM , Blogger Gaby said...

nice stuff ...pretty pictures
visit my blog and if you follow me i will follow you back
kisses
gaby-acentralamericangirl.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts