Thursday, June 02, 2011

Buffalo Gals

MUSIC: EVERY TIME I DIE
MOOD: AWESUM

As promised, an outfit post! 



Blazer - Urban Outfitters (Renewal)
Every Time I Die shirt
Skinnies - AllSaints
Oxfords - New Look
Bag - Courtesy of Doortje Vintage



It's not often that you'll see me wearing a blazer. For some reason, I've grown to really dislike them. Probably because everyone and their mom seems to have one these days, which is such a hipster thing to say, but really! I've seen far too many frumpy, overly styled outfits with them, that I kinda just stopped wearing them about a year ago. This one, however, is a bit different. I like it because it's more boyish than the ever so common boyfriend blazer, yet still flattering with the cropped sleeves and the fitted shoulders. 

The bag from Doortje Vintage, is as you can probably tell, vintage. Let me elaborate on why vintage bags are awesome:
- The leather! I really don't like the pleather shit H&M and alikes do, and real leather bags are often way beyond my budget, so second hand is the way to go!
- The styles! When I go into New Look or H&M, I'll always find something to moan about: The colour of the hardware, no zipper or flap (that's like an invitation to pickpockets!), an ugly strap etc etc etc.
- The inside! Okay so I admit, I miss a cellphone pouch BUT! COMPARTMENTS ARE LIKE SOLID GOLD. Everyone probably knows what it feels like to stand in front of your door, trying to find your key when it's raining, when you're carrying ice cream in your grocery bags, when you really have to pee. Without compartments, my bags turn into black holes that eat all my stuff. True story.
So, consider me converted! The joy when I unpacked this beauty, oh my! I was still half asleep as the mailman rung me out of bed (goddammit haha), but that couldn't suppress the fun. I don't think I'll be buying any more non-leather bags again (except if they're like, €10).

Anyway, I'm ranting. The shop also carries shoes, accessories (belts and earrings as far as the eye can see!) and also some really nifty non-vintage graphic tees and sweaters! So go check it out! Be sure to move fast because the true gems get sold in no time! I will keep checking back for the bag of my dreams, a black leather hobo-esque shoulder bag, with optional fringes.

Now, on to the last bit of my outfit, the top! I managed to finally grow a pair and cut into my Every Time I Die shirt, that turned out to be even bigger than expected and due to the thick nature of the fabric (heavyweight cotton, whoa!) the shoulders would poke out so I had to cut the sleeves off. And so I did. I was going to add a tutorial but then I messed up a few times myself, haha so I guess that's just the way it's supposed to go.

Observation of the day: I noticed over 400 unique visitors from Hong Kong today. 你好! 你好。! (I hope wikipedia isn't screwing me over with these translations haha.)

Hope everyone's been having a nice week! Adios!

Labels:

11 Comments:

At June 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Leuke tas!

 
At June 2, 2011 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Marijke said...

Echt een heel leuke outfit! Ik zou het zo ook dragen! De schoenen, de tas, je shirt.. perfect! :) Moet ik ook eens proberen zo'n DIY met een tshirt, want ik zoek al lang zo'n tshirt dat wat dieper valt onder de oksel :). Gewoon de mouwen eraf knippen?

 
At June 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Marielleheart said...

Leuke outfit, je shirt en tas zijn nice!

 
At June 3, 2011 at 2:37 AM , Blogger she. said...

you look grate

 
At June 3, 2011 at 6:14 AM , Blogger Marissa said...

yeah, super cute!! you're right about vintage bags, the leather is real and you don't have to pay a lot.

PinkPopMash

 
At June 3, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Elien | dogsanddresses.com said...

Nice! Ik verkies vintage over H&M any time.

 
At June 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM , Blogger kate louise. said...

You just oooze awesumness... x x

 
At June 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Blogger sweet harvest moon said...

Heel mooie tas!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

 
At June 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Morgane said...

Mooie outfit! En die schoenen zijn echt prachtig!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Anonymous Pizza delivery bags said...

Usually I do not post comments on blogs, but I would like to say that this blog really forced me to do so! Thanks, for a really nice read.

 
At July 5, 2011 at 5:47 PM , Anonymous Queena said...

'cause i read about your blog on the newspaper :)
love from hong kong xx

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts