Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thick blood and cynical skin

So in last post I told you about these aubergine purple 70s flares that I got instead of anything useful for Winter. Well, here they are!




Zara plaid shirt (about 3 years old though) // Every Time I Die shirt // River Island flares //AllSaints 'Maera' boots


I was hoping the text in the lookbook link would be customizable, in which case I would have made something witty of it but it isn't so you'll just have to do with the attention whoring, sorry about that. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out how these purple flares would look best, as it's been since secondary school that I've worn anything other than skinny jeans. And I mean, they're purple. This did look better with my leather jacket and scarf but it seems kind of silly to wear those inside my bedroom, and going out in the back yard would possibly mean being attacked by several of our neighbours' cats. 
Woe is me.
If anyone has any clues on what would look good with these pants, feel free to share! I haven't gotten past forest green and wine red. (Just please don't say white, grey or black cause honestly I have come up with those things myself haha.)

I'm watching Inland Empire as we speak, took a little break because even though I love David Lynch, 3 hours of "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???" can be a bit much on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I hate that it's getting dark so early, it makes me even more lethargic than I already am. I suffer from this paradoxical inconvenience that, intellectually, I'm the most active around midnight, yet physically, my best hour is around 2 or 3 PM. Bummer right? 
I never get things done and my to do list just keeps on growing. And don't even get me started on how hard it is to get all the ingredients for cookie baking past midnight! 

Also, big thanks to Kate Louise for saying some really nice things about my style! What she mentioned is basically the kind of stuff I often worry about. (Read: "Do I try too hard? Do I look like a scene kid? Do I look like a male scene kid??")

Okay, break over, time for some more Inland Empire craziness. Enjoy your Sunday evening guys!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At November 14, 2011 at 6:17 AM , Blogger niknok said...

Cool shirt and plaid top!!! Love it to bits!

The Niknok Style

 
At November 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger L* said...

I love it. its a perfect combination!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 5:47 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

My to-do list is ever growing as well,I seriously don't think I'll ever get through it.

Your outfit is awesome, I like the red/purple combo. I think the top would look great with like a navy color or even mustard yellow, like the skull in your shirt.

 
At November 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM , Blogger decimal shoes said...

cool outfit :D
I definitely will following you if you follow me :D
Decimal Shoes

 
At November 15, 2011 at 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want to know what looks good with those pants? you do

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts