Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Haze

Yes! Looks like I've stayed fresh and awake long enough to fix up some outfit pictures! I wore this to work and then for a quick stroll through the city oozing tourists yesterday. I honestly never thought I would wear the buttoned up shirt + necklace look, but upon seeing this necklace at New Look, I just had to try. 




Shirt from Vero Moda / Necklace from New Look / Floral denims from H&M 
Bag from I Love Vintage


I also really love the bag because it's so ladylike and refined, giving this outfit even more of a 60s hausfrau feel with the cropped floral pants! In fact, I actually cleaned my room in this get up (some moppin' needed to be done, even Fonzie wouldn't go into my room anymore).

Back to the bag though. I'm pretty much a one-bag kind of gal, dragging around my dirty suede slouch bag with me all the time, but I like to make exceptions for "themed" outfits like this. And this grey little number was just right. I've declared my love for vintage bags before, but I'll do it again: They're sturdy, they have COMPARTMENTS, you get good quality for a good price (unlike "leather"bags from Zara that fall apart if you fill it up more than halfway) and if you look in the right places, you can pick up a really unique piece. And that is why I recommend I Love Vintage, not your cookie cutter vintage shop (with Levi's jeans, polyester blouses with appallingly large shoulder pads and millions of 80s cross body bags that kind of all look the same to you) but a shop with proper classic items, and a great collection of spankin' new retro things, too!  
Also, the girls that work there are insanely sweet!
If you're ever around Amsterdam, give them a visit in their brick and mortar shop, too! 


In other fantastic news, instead of soaking in the sun like normal people do after two weeks of rain, I locked myself in my room with lots and lots of green tea and Dreamweaver to fix up a new, splendid, fully functional (not on mobiles though lolz) weblayout! It's looking pretty kewl at the moment so I'm sort of afraid to jump back into it (because I have my limitations as a designer and I'm scared it won't get any better than this - sobz!), but I will! Right after this cup of tea. And probably a bathroom break. Maybe I'll check facebook again. Some webshops perhaps. 

Check back soon for awesomeness!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At May 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Fashiable | Nanne said...

That bag is gorgeous!

www.fashiable.nl

 
At May 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the outfit!

 
At May 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM , Blogger Halo Hasta said...

perfect hair :*

 
At May 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Jess Heath MUFX said...

Gorgeous photos, I really like your shirt and that necklace.

http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

 
At May 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great outfit, you look cute :)
Is Hausfrau a word that you actually use in the English language? I'm from germany, haha :D

xoxo Jen

 
At May 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Porselein said...

ja mooie tas!

 
At May 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Alicia and Victoria said...

really pretty photos, great makeup and beautiful shoes!


would you like to follow each other?


http://style-smile-shine.blogspot.com

 
At May 13, 2012 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Elena said...

Really cute outfit <3

Hope you'll visit me :)
Kisses, Elly

 
At May 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So cute!
Nathalie
http://curls-and-bags.blogspot.com

 
At May 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You have a lovely sense of style and a beautiful blog! Please check out mine, maybe we can follow each other?:)

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts