Saturday, May 01, 2010

May 1: Say hello to Vicky the college drop out.


MUSIC: GLASSJAW
MOOD: CHILL

It's pretty much official, I have dropped out of graphic design. Whether I'll go back in September for another round of Year 1, I don't know yet. If (and only if) I build a good portfolio, I don't need a silly paper saying I'm good at what I do.
Though I always would have liked a proper degree, in whatever. Hmm. Decisions to make!

Anyway.

Last weekend I went to Groezrock and lots of crazy things happened (involving a tent and really cold temperatures) but what happens at Groez, stays at Groez.
Anyway I saw Glassjaw (fucking epic I tell you!), another round of The Ghost of a Thousand and asked Dance Gavin Dance for a photo.


I'm very aware of the fact I look like shit in the photo (my friend looked way better but idk if she wants to be on here so heartsy it is haha) but hey, we drank, we went to bed at 6 AM and got up again 3 hours later, then drank again. There's an excuse. 

So yesterday I attended drawing class (completely voluntarily!), basically because we went to the zoo again. I hung out at the aquarium this time, mainly in front of a tank with lots of starfish. Hearing kids scream "OMG PATRICK!!" at the starfish all of the time, I got a marvelous idea.


I'm not quite satisfied with Bob's appearance yet, so I might just draw another sponge to replace the current one. 
While standing in front of that fish tank with my sketchbook, a lot of kids were too curious not to check what I was doing. Lots of gasps and 'omg' and what not, kids are so easily impressed. It was rather cute!

So, what are the prospects right now? Well I still have a paper to write for Contemporary Arts and exams are coming up in June! I'm bailing out yes, but I'm still doing Philosophy, Literature and Art History exams, just to prove my teachers I can at least do something right, haha.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 2, 2010 at 3:44 AM , Blogger ∞ thao said...

your an amazing drawer :)

love from Australia <3

 
At May 4, 2010 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Beatlovingmusic said...

Haha, de tekening. Geweldig!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 10:55 PM , Anonymous birgit said...

I love that drawing! <3

 
At May 13, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Blogger bettybite said...

you think you dropped graphic design because you're more into fine arts??

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts