Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25: Like Wolves.

MUSIC: DEAD AND DIVINE
MOOD: BORED

I'm bored out of my skull. Really, I seem to just sit around till the day is over haha. I can't seem to come up with any fun activities that don't cost any money. Yes, I'm pretty much broke haha. So I blog. This is going to be a completely irrelevant post to those looking for pictures of shoes or dresses, so sorry in advance!

I had quite an awesome weekend. Friday night I went to sit by the river with a few friends and some booze. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me that I still had some packing to do for Blackstarfest the next day so I hung out a wee bit too long.


Shooting in raw is such an epiphany - the boats and buildings are almost completely black in the original shot. I don't know how I went 3 months without raw. After another 5 months of shooting in jpeg + raw, I'm finally brave enough to leave jpeg for what it is. Haha.

Anyway, after a good 6-hour sleep, I had to get up again to get ready for Blackstarfest. Me and my new random Portuguese buddy Ricardo started our adventure at respectively 8:30 and 7:00. The poor guy came all the way from Namur haha. 
We saw a shitload of bands, emphasis on shit, with names like LoveHateHero and I Am Ghost. The singer of I Am Ghost actually noticed us laughing at him, haha. Or, I like to believe he was pointing at us when he said "HEEEY I don't ask for much but you have to dance!" 

Yeah. Campus and No Turning Back however, were pretty good! I usually like post-hardcore more than hardcore, but I'm very openminded. Haha. I planned on making lots of pretty pictures, but the music was so goddamn loud I couldn't approach the stage. Though when Ricardo wanted to get in the pit during No Turning Back and I couldn't see squat because of the really big guys standing in front of me, I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. 


Out of the 100+ shots, this is the only one that turned out okay haha. Oh well I had fun. Camera privileges are quite nice. No moshers, no pushing, no sweaty guys standing too close. I should do this more often. 
After the show we went outside to catch some fresh air, and the bass player from LoveHateHero, who was in the pit with Ricardo, came to beg us for cigarettes. I think he was as high as a kite because when we said we didn't smoke, he kind of just wandered off saying "what's wrong with kids these days" hahaha. 
Then we went to stalk the vocalist from No Turning Back (as seen in pic above) because my mate wanted a picture haha. We succeeded. He's quite a nice guy.

The next morning we realized our tent wasn't water proof so it kind of rained inside haha. 

Life has been so golden lately. While my old class mates have undergone evaluations, and I think pretty much all of them have passed, I sleep in, hang out with my friends and go to festivals. I'm happy.

Though my ex could stop stalking me, seriously.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Maarten. said...

oeh wauw
al die kleuren op de eerste foto

 
At May 28, 2010 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Style Circus said...

Your blog looks so cute and creative I love it!

xox

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts