Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Favourites #1

MUSIC: EMAROSA
MOOD: AWESOME

Guys! I was sort of bored so I started roaming some of my favourite web shops, in anticipation of the answer to my request for a credit card, and figured, hey! I could blog about this!

The title says Friday Favourites #1, but as well as you all know me by now, Friday could turn into Monday or Thursday, and 1 could stay 1 for-ever. But the intentions are there! Seriously!

Now, I'll apologize in advance, considering my obvious and less obvious affiliation with the two brands I picked - I seriously honestly don't do that on purpose! They just so happen to SELL SO MUCH AWESOME STUFF.

Anchor Jumper, Sedna Top, Embellished Python Dress & Maera Boot



Super slouch sheer legging, We The Free super washed graphic crop tee + Thunderbird over feather pendant, Ruffle legging, Tulip flare jean

It has come to my attention that working at a higher end clothing store has FUCKED with my perception of what is cheap and what isn't - especially because working "higher end" doesn't mean getting paid higher end, alas! Nowadays I'll be looking for a graphic tee, find one priced at €40 and be all "OH WHAT A BARGAIN"...
Seriously? I need detox, cold turkey, and fast! Maybe a trip to Primark will be my salvation, haha.

However, I've been digging through my closet and found some things with the tags still on them (tssssk shame on me) and they're mostly the cheapest items. You know, the kind of things you'll look at in the store, be like "meh it's fine", check the price tag, see that it's INSANELY cheap and just buy it anyway. It's silly. Especially if you're like me and obsessively hold on to things, haha. 

Over the past few years I've been trying hard to pinpoint my style in a few words or images, you know, to refrain from buying shit I won't wear anyway, but alas, so far I have not come to a conclusion. It's probably one of those things that come over the years - A natural phenomenon, you could say.
There's exactly one piece in my closet that has survived two years and a few wardrobe sweeps: This blue printed maxi dress from H&M that I got in the sale for like €10. Maybe my theory on cheap things isn't all that accurate. 

And so I'm ranting again! What do you prefer, fast fashion bargains or relatively timeless (not talking about the fucking LBD and vomit worthy white shirt) pieces? 

PS: I was going to reassure you that it really is Friday as it has just passed midnight in Belgium, but then Rebecca Black's excuse of a song popped up in my head and I think I might just have to go and microwave myself. Awesome!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 26, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Fashiable | Nanne said...

The boots and the dress..stunning!

http://fashiablee.blogspot.com

 
At August 26, 2011 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Ria said...

Love that whole Free people a/w collection! Perfect slouchy fashion xoxo

 
At August 26, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Lowri said...

That all saints dress is perfection!!

http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

x

 
At August 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous erica said...

lmaooooo :D you are so funny!! I'm gunna be honest (and im kindu sorry) but i never really bothered to much to read what you wrote because I have like 56 more posts to look at. I think you should try to darken the text a little bit so you get more "readers" instead of ummmm "lookers"? I know everyone would like that :)

And as for your Q, I definitely prefer timeless pieces. because then i know for a fact that i look nice without that little nervousy feeling.

and i get wwhat you mean by holding on the cheap things, except that i kindof work the same way but with an opposite attitude. "aww thats cute!...AGHHHH too expsensive" then it looks sort of uglier yet nicer in a :/ kind of way.
lol,i hope that made sense?

thiswouldbeher.weebly.com

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts