Saturday, January 19, 2013

Notoriety and Rivieras

So we've been having a cold wave (yikes!) here lately, we had some snow which soon turned into a filthy layer of muddy ice, followed by lots and lots of cold. I'm surprised by how well I'm managing, wearing only two pairs of socks in ankle boots and I haven't lost any limbs to frost bite just yet. Pretty neat!
In dire need of inspiration of how to dress accordingly and still look nice, I thought I'd turn to Lookbook and see how our Eastern- and Northern European friends do it. I understand that California, Miami and heck the southern hemisphere are all nice and toasty this time of year but I can assure you, Scandinavia, Poland/Romania/Russia etc are not. THEN WHY ARE THEY FROLICKING AROUND IN BARE LEGS OR SHORT SHORTS?
Sorry, major pet peeve. I get it, you got a new dress from Romwe or whatever Asian store is handing out free stuff and you have to show it off, but since they live in deep freeze areas, I get kind of curious what these people really wear on a day to day basis, don't you?

So here's what I did find on the world wide webz:


123
4 ❄ 5 ❄ 6 ❄ 7

The last three outfits obviously need a coat but hey, it's better than having to imagine *what the outfit would look like with tights or pants, sensible snow-proof shoes, a scarf and perhaps a hat to keep my ears warm*. Also, I went a little nuts with the vintage frames and spent all afternoon flipping through sites with vintage photos and cutting and blending and and and... Inspired by this post on Pugly Pixel. That site is awesome if you're in a design rut!

As I stated before, I have lots of purchases to show off (people will start to think I ram raided Zara) and a whole bunch of pretty lil' outfits I have to catch on camera so I'm sort of expecting some proper bloggin' soon. I can't wait to move out of the house into my own crib (please let it not be the next best thing after a cardboard box), just a few more months and I'll be able to shoot pictures while my pizza is in the oven. Living small might not be such an awful thing after all!

I hope you've enjoyed this post because dammit I put way too much effort in this collage thingy hahaha!

Have a nice weekend dudes!



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At January 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Malaika said...

Hahaha, dat klinkt echt super herkenbaar! Er zouden gewoon een paar goede, leuke blogs moeten zijn met mensen die zich sensible kleden, met vesten, in plaats van altijd maar leren jackjes (hoe leuk ze ook zijn in de lente/herfst).

 
At January 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Gaby Doris said...

So amazing inspiration!

http://yourdulde.blogspot.com

 
At January 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous The Moustaches said...

Hahaha, your blog is dope. Looking forward to popping back and checking out your haul :P.

 
At January 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM , Blogger Halo Hasta said...

waiting for your new post about your stuff :D

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts