Sunday, January 13, 2013

Suitcase

I'm totes late with this but since this is my first post of 2013: Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed the holiday season and that NYE was the cherry on the cake. My friends and I kept things low key this year, and played Halo 4 most of the night, which was actually a whole lot of fun. Still prefer Call of Duty though.

 I've been thinking about this year's resolutions and how much they'll resemble last's, so here goes!

General achievements and practicalities:
❑ Exchange my learner's permit for a full on driver's license
❑ Move out of the parents' nest
❑ Get a business license and obviously start a business (or two)
❑ Improve creative skills, thus illustrating, designing, embroidering, whatever!
❑ Less frivolous spending
❑ Better bloggin'
❑ Do a massive Spring clean

Health:
❑ Eat better
❑ Keep on exercising
❑ Crank up the energy level without the sly help of caffeine
❑ Get my weight back down to 49 kilos

For the peace of mind:
❑ Tell the people I love that I love them more often
❑ Join my mom in yoga class
❑ Purge possessions and live with less of everything

I elaborated compared to last year's rather modest list, mostly because I found checking back to this list totally helped me staying focused on my goals.

I contemplated leaving out my weight goal, because weight can be such a sensitive topic, but this is my personal blog and thus within limits I can write about whatever I want here, right? Truth is, I'm a tiny person with a disproportionately chubby tummy. By no means am I planning to go totally berserk here, and I'm not trying to send a wrong "BURN ALL THE FATS" message here but I try to live by these words:

“Complaining is silly. Either act or forget.”

This is a quote by Stefan Sagmeister, a well-known graphic designer. I attended a seminar back when I was in college, and his lecture was pretty much all that stuck from those two days. Probably because of his amusing accent (he's from Austria), but that's not the point.
Point is, I'm not feeling all too good in my skin so I'm acting, now. I know I probably sound immensely crazy to you guys but trust me when I say I do a really fine ass job at hiding my jelly belly! And really, I just want to wear high waisted skirts and belts and what not without having to feel like a tent after one soda, haha.

As for a small update on my life, I lived a short but intense romance with a friend of a friend, future looked bright until he told me via facebook chat whilst I was working late that he wanted to get back with his ex girlfriend.
I bawled like a baby, had my brother pick me up and said to myself: "Whatever, he wasn't a cat person anyway".

I love my furry friends more than life itself.

This is Enya's Sunday morning "Let's go to Paris, darling" face. 

Life's been stressful these past few weeks. My dad is ill and currently in treatment, my mom's a wreck and work weeks feel like one seemingly endless day. I come in when it's still dark, I leave when it's already dark, and the next morning I'm back and I feel like I've only stepped out for an hour. My love for my family and friends, my bright plans for the future and my passion for aesthetics are the things that keep me going right now.

In the meantime I'll just keep looking at pretty interior design pictures on pinterest, check back Zara Home and Urban Outfitters' home ware section way too frequently and work, work, work.
I wish I could do more proper outfit photos, I just can't seem to find the time to squeeze in some shots. It sucks, because I do miss blogging. Hopefully soon I'll get my shit together, I have so much stuff to do for the next few weekends so I'll probably not get around to shoot pictures until like, idk, March, haha.

Anyways, I'm ranting. I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday afternoon!

Love,

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Insomnia said...

Hang in there, hope the hard times will pass soon. Good luck on your resolutions!

http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts