Sunday, February 03, 2013

Hell bound but heaven sent

Yo dudes! How's your weekend been? I've been chilling way too hard, sleeping in, taking naps and doing nothing at all.
I did see an osteopath concerning my everlasting fatigue, I was expecting a dairy or gluten intolerance but, for the love of all that is holy, it's sugar.

SUGAR. My one true love in life and I can't have it anymore. I've tried just about anything, vitamin supplements, visits to my GP, exercise, proper sleep, better eating, meditating but nothing seems to crank up my energy level so I have turned to holistic medicine. I've been relatively sugar-free since Thursday, which means no cookies, no icecream, no candy, no pastries, no fizzy drinks (no light ones either because that's crap)... Waaah!!

In other news, I have a dentist appointment coming Thursday and I'm petrified because I'll probably need surgery for my wisdom teeth. They've been bothering me for like, what, 4 years now? And just recently I've noticed my jaw's been pretty much dislocating itself slowly, haha, so other than surgery I fear I may need some braces... But let's not panic just yet, right? ... Right?

On to some new decor stuff!

Pillow cases - La Redoute
Jar - Maisons du Monde
Frame - Urban Outfitters
Laptop stand - Ikea
Blanket - Zara Home

Mugs - Dear Prudence for Urban Outfitters

The illustration in the frame is a postcard I picked up at a tattoo convention I visited with my best mate a while back. I'd mention the artist but it's such a hassle to open that goddamn frame (I reviewed the thing on the UO site and gave it one mere star because it's quite a shitty thing really)...

What else is new... Well I finally got some proper running shoes haha, the drive up to the sports-and-camping-stuff store was such a hassle (I have my learner's permit and am allowed to drive solo even though that would be like mental suicide because I get super stressed), the parking lot was like the wild west and my Mom was in a hurry, BOO NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN. I did park my car in a minimum of very slick moves! I wish someone would've caught that on video because it was pretty impressive if I may say so myself... I may be a really shitty, impatient driver but I can parallel park like a freak!

And to think I was planning on going to Ikea solo, on a Saturday... LOLZ! I'll just take the bus for the time being.

I wish you all a smooth week! I don't know how I'm going to get past Monday without sugar... WOE IS ME!



Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At February 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Fashiable | Nanne said...

Ahh wat een leuke mokken!!

 
At February 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Insomnia said...

Succes met uw gezondheid daar, hopelijk betert het zonder suiker!
Ik moet binnenkort ook eens leren rijden, scared :O

http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.com/

 
At February 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh nee geen suiker meer :( er bestaat zo een soort vervanging voor suiker, candarel denk ik? Kan je toch nog mee cupcakes maken dan ;) yum yum. Die tassen zien er echt leuk uit!
archistas.com

 
At February 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM , Anonymous The Moustaches said...

Aah, shit son. FYL for not being allowed to eat sugar. I guess that means: MORE FOR ME ;D. The decor stuff looks like something from tumblr. Which is a compliment :P!

 
At February 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM , Blogger Ria said...

Very pretty decor and definitely loving the UO mugs too :) xoxo

 
At March 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Anja said...

hey vicky, geweldig dat je het holistisch probeert. heeft me een tijd geleden ook geholpen met 101 dingen. binaural beats bv is geweldig wel.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tS6g8GiwR0 (deze bv!) Verder bestaat er iets zoals raw foodies, of technieken zoals EFT, <3
suiker kan wel één van de oorzaken zijn, maar het is nooit één ding hé, het is altijd verschillende dingen bij elkaar:) good luck xxx

 
At March 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Anja said...

en vervanging van suiker, (als dat zou moeten) is bv stevia. suiker is nog niet eens zo ongezond, nooit vervangen met aspartaam(of iets dat erop lijkt) ofzo, zeker niet...:)

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts