Saturday, March 16, 2013

First peep

Hey guys! I've had such an exciting Saturday, it's unreal. Yesterday evening while I was delighted by a McDo meal, I received the phone call: I could pick up the keys to my (rented!) apartment. I was over the moon!

Gnarly! 

So that's me posing with the "TOO LATE ASSHOLE IT'S MINE NOW" sign (well literally it says "rented", but I guess you can catch my drift). Don't let the sock bun and glasses fool you, it's still me! 

My best mate Steve and I went to the thrift shop that had announced a whole new batch of awesome stuff coming in so you can imagine the excitement of the local hipsters and old people: The store was completely packed. Nonetheless I got some super sweet stuff: A copper decorative plate (for candles and baubles), a really old bag to store binoculars (totes putting my camera in there, no fucks are given) and the big ticket item: This boudoir chair. 


It's got this beautiful chinoiserie style imagery of a peacock, it was love at first sight. It's uncomfortable as hell so I'm probably putting it in the bedroom. It's so gorgeous and tacky, and for €12,50, dragging it home (thanks Stevie!) was totally worth it. 
We went to Chi-Chi's afterwards to enjoy a good burger, headed on to the DIY store for paint swatches and decided to call it a day. 

So right now I'm just chillin' giving my feet a rest after a tiring but absolutely fantabulous day. It's so good to be taking these giant steps into adulthood with my close friends. They may say that happiness is a journey, not a destination, but hell I can smell the happy around the corner, I'm almost there. And let me tell you it smells AWESOME.

I hope you enjoy your weekend, my loves! 

PS: Don't forget to start following me on bloglovin' now that Google Reader's decided to call it a day!



Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At March 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Marijke said...

Wow, ik ben hier duidelijk al een tijdje niet meer geweest! Je lay-out ziet er echt heel goed uit!
En proficiat met je nieuwe appartement :).

 
At March 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Annebeth said...

Kben trots op u! En waaaaar is die magische vintage winkel? Wat een stoel!

 
At March 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Vicky DISCOMETOOBLIVION.COM said...

@ Annebeth: De Kringwinkel op Sint-Jorispoort, achter de Nationale Bank op de Frankrijklei! Het was vandaag Retro-actie in alle kringwinkels, ergo veel volk, maar ook vééééééél mooie spullen <3

 
At March 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM , Blogger S. said...

wauw supermooie stoel !

ben benieuwd naar foto's van je appartementje ;)

 
At March 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Jess Heath MUFX said...

That DOES sound like a great day and that chair is awesome. Congrats on the new place!! x

http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

 
At March 27, 2013 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. I sent you a message on facebook but im not sure if you check it. I was wondering if you still have the all saints Padma wedge from this post. if you do, would you consider selling them?
http://discometooblivion.blogspot.com/2011/04/whats-left-to-catch-but-fear-of-letting.html
my email address is nimbhasker@yahoo.com

 
At March 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Knor said...

Wooowww, waarom kan ik nooit zulke coole dingen vinden tijdens het thrift shoppen

 
At April 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Tessa: said...

Gefeliciteerd, wat een mooi stoeltje en voor een goede prijs zeg!

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts