Sunday, March 10, 2013

Moving Day

Helluuu all! I'm excited to announce that, if all goes well, I will be moving out of my parents' nest soon! Wednesday I'll be signing the contract and Friday I can get a hold of the keys! Woohoo!

April 1st I'll officially move in, but the place is filthy and needs some work done, also I have a hell of a lot of stuff to move so I can use the extra time! I really couldn't be more happy with the apartment, the living room has two floor-to-ceiling windows which has always been my DREAM and to top it off, there's a beautiful view over the river which I'm ecstatic about! The bedroom is tiny (read: I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit in an Ikea PAX wardrobe) but has a full window wall as well so really, I can't complain.

I got my first piece of furniture yesterday, a dark wooden side table from the thrift store for a mere €4,50! My friend dragged it all the way through Antwerp's China town (including the supermarket, aww he's such a sweetheart) to his place, where it is currently waiting for me and my car to come pick it up.
Have I mentioned I had my first solo drive the other day? I'm taking such big steps to adulthood lately, I'm loving it!

Anyway, to coincide with this big news, I made a moodboard on pinterest which I named 'organic': I had 3 styles in mind: A more shabby chic kind of approach, or a fun, bright and more graphic style (think Ikea, Urban Outfitters, chevron, polka dots...), or, and this is what I ultimately decided on: A stripped down, natural vibe with some vintage and bohemian touches, which I think would complement the features of the apartment best. I already found the shop of my dreams here in Antwerp (I'm pretty sure I'll blog about it in full once I get my shoppin' done) to which I'll take some big cash once I settle in. In the meantime, enjoy some outtakes from my board:




Keywords being wood, whites, leathers, trinkets from afar and lots of greens! 

By the way: The living room faces North-West so that means I'll probably have some pretty awesome natural light, excellent for shooting pictures! I'm so excited about this new phase in life, and what having my own space will mean for taking this blog to the level I've always wanted it to be. 

I have a hectic set of weeks waiting for me, so wish me luck peeps! n___n



Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At March 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh super leuk en wat een mooie foto's ook! Geniet ervan, ik ben jaloers want ik wil ook maar (nog) geen geld..

 
At March 10, 2013 at 9:17 PM , Anonymous M. said...

leuke foto's. Succes met verhuizen!

 
At March 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah ik herken zo erg het gevoel dat je tussen te veel stijlen moet kiezen haha, ik heb nu maar besloten dat ik sommige kamers een iets andere uitstraling geef dan andere. Hou in ieder geval ook heel veel van het bohemian achtige, vintage items en wat jij noemt organic/natuurlijk. Ben benieuwd naar foto's als alles af is!
http://contentable.wordpress.com/

 
At March 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats met het nieuwe appartement! Klinkt zo leuk en grote ramen zijn echt super, veel lichtval is altijd fijn.
Leuke moodboard ook! Hopelijk vind je snel alle meubeltjes die je zoekt :D

 
At March 11, 2013 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Elisse said...

Heel veel succes! Grote stap hé, en allemaal zo snel gegaan! Papieren tekenen en binnen 3 weken al officieel intrekken! Spanneeeend!

 
At March 11, 2013 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Malou said...

Wat leuk en wat een mooie foto's :)

 
At March 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM , Anonymous Dominic Ly said...

April 1st is coming fast, so I hope that you’re almost done preparing. :D It’s clear that you love the place that you’ll be moving into, which means that you won’t see the move as a stressful experience. Anyway, you’re right that moving out is a huge step towards adulthood. That being said, I commend you for taking care of some of the furniture in your future abode. Good luck and congratulations, Vicky!

 
At April 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous ABC Selfstore said...

How did it go? No updates as yet so how are things progressing in the new place? I need to see the windows and the river views etc.

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts