Saturday, February 04, 2012

Working hard




Well hello, please, step into my office! I figured I'd show you guys what I'm working on, I'd say because I've been so absent from the blog, but in fact I haven't! I've posted at least once every two weeks for a while now, and in my book that's a pretty good job haha. 

As I've said before, I'm working on a small webshop for my handmade jewelry! First pic is where I work, second is what I've worked on today (it's a really pretty white/gold bracelet with amazonite stones, so luscious!) and third, what finished products I currently have in stock. Consider this a little sneak peek, as I've delayed the opening for a few weeks. Why, you ask? 

Well, I found a job! Wait, frankly, the job found me, haha. A few weeks ago one of my former bosses at the eye clinic I used to work at contacted me asking if I was interested in coming back! I was hesitant at first, because of my application for my dream job, but alas I haven't heard anything back so I took my chances and ran with it! So, I'm back at that familiar old desk, I've already seen a familiar face or two amongst the patients and I'm loving it! It feels like I never left at all! 

So that's one new year's resolution to tick off! And to top this off, I passed the theoretical driver's test so I now have a learner's permit. Back in December I told myself I wanted to pass the exam by the end of January and since I would start working Feb. 1, I figured I had to stay true to my vow so my mom drove me to the exam center Jan. 31 and I passed with a whopping 47/50. It was dead easy! 

Currently I'm looking for a second hand car to cruise around in, and I'm occasionally checking websites for apartments for rent, too. I'm totally excited for the future and I haven't felt like this in such a long time. Things are finally coming together for me and it feels guud. Now I just need a prince-like character on a white horse (or preferably, carrying a white cat because I LOVE CATS GUYS) to swoop me off my feet and life would be one million percent awesome. 

Lastly, I want to thank you guys, my lovely readers! Without you guys, blogging would hardly be any fun at all! Kate Louise sent out this Versatile Blogger Award to a bunch of bloggers, including me! Woo! 
Now I'm supposed to give 7 facts about myself (and share the award to 15 other bloggers but I have a lot of playing with glue waiting for me so I'm going to skip that, sorry for doing a half-ass job on this!) 

  1. One of my biggest childhood traumas is most definitely P.E. class. I specifically hated things that involve hanging/standing upside down and I think all in all I handed in about a 30 sick notes. The rest of the classes I just stood around doing nothing.
  2. The only exam I ever failed was year 9 Chemistry, at 34%. Mainly because the computer I ordered arrived the day before the exam haha. I do suck at chemistry though.
  3. I have really small toes. 
  4. As a kid I would sometimes sell drawings of Pikachu and Snorlax that I'd make, for about €0,50. Maybe I was destined to become an entrepreneur. 
  5. Some of my annoying habits include biting my lip, scratching the skin next to my nails and checking up on my nose piercing (it's nasty because it looks like I'm picking my nose haha).
  6. I am deeply afraid of spiders, confined spaces and death (thank you Six Feet Under).
  7. My favourite game on the Wii is Mario Kart because it's the same concept as Crash Team Racer but with better graphics. I also really like the tennis game.
So there you go! Thanks again Kate Louise, and to all my precious readers, see you next post! 

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At February 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this sounds really good, congrats!

the facts are fun and I so want to see your jewelery! keep going!

xoxo Jen

 
At February 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Michelle Loreto said...

Your workspace is so pretty! Congrats on the award, your blog's a delight to read.

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

 
At February 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Kailey said...

Your work space looks INCREDIBLE! *__* Also, I find it adorable you used to sell drawings of Pokemon, and I have a bad habit of biting my lip too!

 
At February 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for your webshop to open! It looks great already

 
At February 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Giules said...

Your blog is one of my favorite reads, definitely.

xx
Giulia
new post on http://giulesss.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts