Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dad.

This is probably the most difficult and disheartening post I'll ever write, so I'll just get right to it. Ten days ago today, my dad passed away. He was one month away from turning 51.

My dad and I always had a weird relationship. I used to be a daddy's girl but then puberty hit me hard and I became much more distant, alas. Ever since I started showing interest in photography, his hobby turned passion, we reconnected, though I will never forgive myself for not telling him how much I love him, and not spending enough time as father and daughter.

Because words can't really describe how confused and sad I feel, I'm just gonna go and post a bunch of his pictures.

My dad doing what he loves: Taking pictures of things. 


Enya, our cat, looking gorgeous and unimpressed, as always


Fonzie, our previous kitty. I like to believe he is now reunited with my dad. They were best buds. 




If there's one thing I would like you all to take away from this post, it would be to NEVER put off reconnecting with a family member or a friend because you have 'time'.

And to my dad: I never ever stopped loving you, I just lost the ability to show it.



Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At June 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM , Anonymous mady said...

Wat ontzettend heftig en erg. Ik wil je heel heel veel sterkte wensen. Ik geloof dat als jij een connectie voelde door de fotografie hij vast ook gevoeld heeft dat jij van hem houdt. Nogmaals heel veel sterkte, en wat een prachtige foto's.

 
At June 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Annebeth said...

ik kan niets zeggen om dit ook maar een beetje beter te maken. Ik voel met je mee.

 
At June 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Fashiable | Nanne said...

Ik heb er echt geen woorden voor, wat heftig zeg en je vader was nog zo jong! Heel veel sterkte voor jou en je familie de komende tijd X

 
At June 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM , Anonymous Lotte said...

Ik lees je blog al heel lang, nooit gereageerd. Gecondoleerd met je verlies en heel veel sterkte!

 
At June 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Heel erg veel sterkte x.

 
At June 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat vreselijk. gecondoleerd en heel erg veel sterkte!

 
At June 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Elisse said...

Oh Vicky, heel veel sterkte voor jou en je familie.

 
At June 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

amazing photos!

 
At June 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Megan said...

I'm so very sorry to hear this. 51 is way to young. I also have a distant relationship with my father but we've been working on becoming closer. Your post reminds me of how important this really is.

 
At June 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dit is vreselijk om te horen, jouw vader was nog zo jong. Heel veel sterkte voor jou en jouw familie xx

 
At June 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM , Blogger perfect hippie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM , Blogger perfect hippie said...

Heel veel sterkte, gecondoleerd X

 
At July 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM , Blogger S. said...

oh wat triestig, veel sterkte gewenst. Dat laatste zinnetje heb ik ook zo hard. Het is zo moeilijk soms om zo'n dingen onder woorden te brengen maar ik ben zeker dat hij wel wist dat je hem doodgraag zag hoor. Ouders hebben soms niet veel woorden nodig om dat aan te voelen..

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you'd like to ask a question, be sure to leave an e-mail address or whatevz so I can get back to you, because otherwise I'll just get all awkward and forget to reply, which comes off rather shitty, but I swear I'm actually a pretty okay person in real life. Promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts